disable pop up from http://ad.insightexpressai.com/

Reaction score
I believe I have a virus- a pop up window from http://ad.insightexpressai.com keeps opening up on my Mac desktop OS X 10.9 and I don't know how to get rid of it. Help!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Can you provide some more detail? Does it open in a browser window? Have you visited any shady websites recently (no judgment here but we do need to know)? Does it happen right after you login? Does it come up more than once?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No virus.

Using Adblocker and Block Pop Up Windows in Safari Preferences? Marketing company so sold anything through them at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If anything a reset in Safari will rid it if all the boxes are checked warning you will have to re-enter your passwords for forums and protected sites.

OP
L
Reaction score
Can you provide some more detail? Does it open in a browser window? Have you visited any shady websites recently (no judgment here but we do need to know)? Does it happen right after you login? Does it come up more than once?

I actually called Apple Support- figured out if was coming from the CNN.com website and blocked the ad pop up from that. seems to have resolved the problem. apparently wasn't a virus but ad pop up. only use Firefox as my browser. hopefully all ok now but thanks for your response.

OP
L
Reaction score
No virus.

Using Adblocker and Block Pop Up Windows in Safari Preferences? Marketing company so sold anything through them at all?

I only use Firefox and had those checked however finally figured out it was coming from money.cnn.com website so disabled ad pop ups from that. thanks for your response.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.