Print Settings not being sent to printer

Reaction score
We have updated to OS 10.9 and now when we send jobs to print they default to A4 plain paper, even when set to print to a different size, type and weight. This is no matter what programme we use and printer we send to - Fiery PS Rip and a Canon ipf610. We have updated all drivers and software but it has not altered anything. Is there a system file that has not been updated or needs deleting?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only suggestion I have is to remove the printers and reinstall them. You may have to also remove the associated software the printer uses and reinstall. I can't speak for other printers but I know Canon has updated drivers and software on their web site for most of their printers in order to be compatible with Mavericks.

OP
H
Reaction score
Now got them working but had to clear out the all the cache, reinstall and that it was it. Days of frustration over - well nearly!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.