Need Some Mac Expert Advice

Reaction score
I wanted to know if a brand new PB 12in, i would emagine rev d, 1.256 ram 80gb, would still be a good buy even with the MBP's almost out.....just need some input from i guess powerbook users....i went to the new apple store in NJ and was still loving the 12in.....my question is will this 12in hold in good hands for a year or until a 12in or whatever widescreen that would come out...i could live without "intel inside" for at least a yeari do believe since dealing with PC's...nothing special intel thank you.....i love the 12in PB and needed serious input....thanks a lot guys

Reaction score
i would love the powerbook g4 12"... it is a great computer. ust because something better was released, it does not mean the pb is not a great computer anymore... post what you will be doing with it please//

OP
M
Reaction score
I would be using for your basic computing needs, the only serious software will be simple pro tools software, that kind of app. will be the only serious one i would say....i need something "portable and top quality"....someone was telling me a 13in intel mac coming next month?? But i need something really portable and am loving the 12in PB....any input is helpful.....the Apple store right around the corner for me.....thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would deff say the 12 inch powerbook, it sounds like just what you want.. It is a fast computer too, its not that it is not fast, and like edit-xtreem said just because something better was released does not mean the powerbook is bad

the powerbook will be supported for a long time to come, and I think it is an amazing computer :) go for it.. you won't regret it.. pluss you can always justify waiting for a computer because something better is always going to come.. does this mean you are never going to buy a compuer? no.. so go get what you deserve and buy one of the best portable computers ever sold... (as you can tell I am a huge powerbook fan)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I have a 12" iBook I bought last year, its a very good computer. The PB are even nicer, yet they were a little out of my price range. The 12" truly is one of the most portable and reliable computers there is, I have taken mine Road tripping over seas and too Mexico. It still works very well. I am buying an iMac this summer, althought only for the purpose of doing more complex things like heavy video editing, the DL DVD burner, etc. I will keep my iBook and continue to use it. I think you would be best off however, buying a used or refurbished PB, youll save over 20%.

OP
M
Reaction score
no refurb for me thanks though....anybody with other input please....i just finished shoveling 256 inches....thanks

Reaction score
i think that with what you want to do with it, it would be a great computer for you..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
Ya, it's a very akward buying time for Mac users and switchers. But I mean, if you keep waiting...you'll never buy anything.

OP
M
Reaction score
yes it is but after doing some more research and reading the new Macworld issue, I think a brand spankin new 12in PB rammed out is still a great buy no??There isn't a intel "portable power machine" coming anytime soon...im in need of the best portable so anybody else got any input??? Like I said the Apple store right around the corner from where I am...which is awesome...I was planning a purchase by next week so any more input would be great thanks

Reaction score
It's an extremely akward buying time and it's driving me nuts! I'm switching to and can't decide whether to get the Pro or the PB. They are the same price, but then it's also the pro's first revision. What to do what to do?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.