Macbook Air General Questions

rie

Reaction score
Ok, guys i have a question which sounds really ridiculous but as a new mac user, i cant stop thinking about it.

Recently, i just bought my macbook air 13 inch.

Yesterday, my wife was using it and she constantly used her fingers to drum around the area next to the trackpad and when she drums, she drums hard and i could hear her fingers hitting the aluminium body repeatedly.

She also used her thumb to hit against the smooth aluminium edge on the area below the trackpad repeadtedly.

My wife's really rough with my laptop and she did it for almost half the day. Is the Macbook Air's aluminim body able to withstand all these actions or will the trackpad and battery get damaged?

Sorry for the stupid question and thank you for all your feedbacks/answers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If she drums with her fingers like I use to - for years - everywhere - on anything my hands were close to - books, desk, arm of chair, arm on open window drumming on roof of the car... I use to drive people nuts - they couldn't hear what was in my head.

Find a way to ask her not to do it to your notebook.

I'd be more concerned with something inside coming loose from repeatedly being banged and jarred - after a month, 6 months, a year of this habit (who knows) than the anodized finish on the outside. It's a piece of high end electronics, not a drum kit.

It's also an annoying habit to everyone around - took me a long time to bring it under control - after I started to have some realization of that annoyance to others (or perhaps not until after I started caring about what others felt about it). It can be tough habit to break for those that are playing music in their head all the time, but it can be done. Someone that can give a gentle reminder when they unconsciously start doing it again less than 5 minutes after they just quit can assist. And it does become an unconscious habit after a long period of doing it.

OP
R

rie

Reaction score
If its a one-time thing and i buy her her own laptop, will what she already did to my laptop (i.e vibrations and impacts) have damaged any of my internal parts etc trackpad, logic board, battery etc?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I doubt it.

edited above post to add more.

OP
R

rie

Reaction score
Very funny V6Pony, please do not say such things anyway The question's already closed anyway. But what a joke, I had a good laugh at your comment though hahaha...thanks for the laughter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.