• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Old MacPro is Gone!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Solitaire looks pretty good on this iMac monitor! :p

Ha ha. I remember when you were thinking about (or seriously considering) getting $999 27" Thunderbolt display. Hey...nothings too good or too expensive to play a free solitaire app on!;)

And hey...entertainment is entertainment. Solitaire or the latest first person shooter...both look great on a great display!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Colour Calibration = Data Color Spyder . . . Full Stop ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Wow this debate over something I said.. :p
Its true the iMacs are not the best displays, then again the NECs cost about 1400 USD. However even ASUS makes a great pre calibrated 27" IPS LED monitor calibrated to 99% of Adobe RGB and 100% sRGB with full CYMK control for 899 USD.
But my post was geared more to the computers hardware side and I wasn't fully thinking about the monitor. That said, most professional photographers that I know of and follow do use iMacs and Mac Pros both for their post processing. So they can't be that bad. They may however lack on the graphics side for professional printing. As that if I am not mistaken requires a separate preset for the monitor. Which is why the Mac Pro was my choice for commercial graphics design (i.e Magazines and such). But for web graphics and general photography. The iMac displays are fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I was just looking on Apples page to buy a new 17" MacBook Pro to replace my dying 2009 17" MBP but Apple no longer sell the 17"??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's right, the 17" MacBook Pro was discontinued. However, if you're lucky you may be able to find one in the Apple refurbished store. Also third party resellers still have some in stock that they're advertising. Do some searching and you may be able to find one at a reasonable price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
That's right, the 17" MacBook Pro was discontinued. However, if you're lucky you may be able to find one in the Apple refurbished store. Also third party resellers still have some in stock that they're advertising. Do some searching and you may be able to find one at a reasonable price.

Thanks, thats exactly what I will do, whats the last 17" MacBook Pro? 2013?

Sod it, will go for an iMac on a desk arm.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.