Intel iMac dead pixel problem fixed?

M

moosegoose

I have heard that Apple fixed the problem with it's dead pixels in iMac's (Intel). Is this true? I was looking into an iMac and saw this problem arise and it scared me out of thinking of the new iMac as an option...

OP
B

BoingoBongo

My 20" Intel had a dead pixel. I sent it back and ordered another one yesterday (that shipped yesterday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Dang!), and I hope it doesn't have any problems.

Dead pixels don't have anything to do with processors. The only way to "fix" the problem as I understand it is to really tighten up on quality control. Of course, that could cause the prices of products to rise.

Let's just hope you and I (and everyone else here) don't get any dead pixels.

Reaction score
I don't think mine had any on my 17" but I suspect 20" are more probable to have them just because it's more surface area.

OP
M

moosegoose

I heard it was prevalent in the 256MB video cards rather than the 128 (17''). We'll see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.