Replacement for Canvas

Reaction score
I would like to upgrade my OS to something newer than Mac OS 10.6.8. I'd like am to minimize the loss of data files from my older Mac programs that run under 10.6.8. Are there any drawing programs that will read Canvas files? Furthermore are there any drawing programs for the Mac that are as robust as Canvas 10?

I still use Canvas 10 with Mac OS 10.6.8.

Thanks in advace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Canvas is a PowerPC application and requires Rosetta to run under Snow Leopard OS X.6. Lion and later have culled Rosetta so no PowerPC applications will run at all, including Canvas and Office 2004 etc. the good news is it is rumored Canvas will return next year as an Intel application. Don't think much of the $600 price tag:-

http://tidbits.com/article/13823

OP
H
Reaction score
G'day mate and thanks for your help. Hopefully Deneba will have mercy on previous Canvas loyalist on the Mac and offer a reasonable upgrade fee.

Reaction score
I found this on the ACD Community forums this morning:

Yesterday, 12:28 PM
Dear Customers,

Today we released Canvas 15 for the PC! Canvas 15 - Technical illustration software, vector graphics, CAD design software, CAD design, GIS, Drafting, Modeling, Architectural drawing, Engineering software

Good news on the Canvas Mac front, we've increased the number of developers working on the Mac version now that Canvas 15 for PC has been released, and while we have Canvas X functioning on Mac, we're busy making sure that all the small stuff is working correctly, and hope to begin a closed public beta in spring of 2014.

If you are interested in having your name added to the beta list, please email customer support at:
https://acdsystems.desk.com/customer...tal/emails/new

I am looking forward to being a Beta tester this spring!

Regards,
The ACD Team

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.