Mavericks Mail and SMTP

Reaction score
Mavericks mail worked for two days and has now decided not to work
(iMac Mavericks).

I get the message "Mail wants to sign in using key "Apple ID Authentication 3013 -10-29 14:13:06 GMT-07:00" in your keychain. Do you want to allow access to this item?
Given the choices Always Allow - Deny - Allow. (I have tried Allow and Deny but I dare not Always Allow...who knows what delvilish things might happen)

Under mail>preferences>accounts>account information TLS Certificate is "none" .

I have tried removing the Mail app and replacing it with my backup but apparently Mavericks will not allow me to remove the Mail app

"Mail" can't be modified or deleted because it is required by OSX

I do not use cloud.
Any ideas on either removing the Mail app and replacing with the back up, removing the need for Certification, or any other thing that will restore my email to sanity

Should I start again with a new account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Try deleleting the account then re-add.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Any ideas on either removing the Mail app and replacing with the back up, removing the need for Certification, or any other thing that will restore my email to sanity
Replacing the app won't solve this problem since it's a configuration issue.

What email provider are you using?

OP
M
Reaction score
Solved

Thank you both for replying.

The problem has been solved by erasing all mail accounts and starting again with my ISP

We tried erasing the account that was the primary offender but that did not work. Once we had eliminated all accounts we got things working.

Very disconcerting.

Thank you again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.