Screen sharing - mac & airport express assistance please

Reaction score
Recently changed out our home router (modem fed) to dual band running 2.5 and 5 ghz

I just upgraded my iMac from Snow Leopard (10.60) to Mt. Lion (10.8)

When SL was my OSX I was able to screen share with my MBPro (being used as an Audio Server) running an ethernet cable to an Airport Express (first generation/single band) with WiFi turned off. Intentionally set up that way.

However, with Mt Lion I am only now able to screen share with my MBPro if the WiFi is turned on.

I liked to get back to my original set up where I am sharing the MBPro screen while it's cabled to the AE. I am trying to identify the problem. Why my iMac with Mt. Lion can't find the older version AE running an ethernet cable when it used to be able to. Is it simply a matter of swapping in the new AE dual band version that will allow me once again to screen share with the MBPro when wired to the AE?

Assistance would be appreciated. Thanks for your time on this.

OP
fullrun
Reaction score
Found the problem and answer.

While both my iMac and MBPro were running Mt.Lion... the MBPro's ML needed updating which included desktop issues. Oddly, it was issues between different versions and/or updates within Mt. Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.