Won't play streaming audio on websites

J

jonathanbryce

My mini has a problem recently. I visit some websites, especially myspace(lol, I'm a teen so no jokes!) that have streaming audio in the background. My problem is that it will never play for me. It's nothing wrong with the coding or html on the people's myspaces, it's my computer. Maybe a settings or something? Is there a quick fix, or does anyone know why my mini won't play sounds from the internet? It's so annoying. I have no sound when watching streamed mpegs from different websites, or videos on youtube, either. Anyone know what's happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
its more then likely the windows media player not playing it, my wifes brother has the same problem when viewing profiles on myspace from my mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
is it windows media player like stated above, or is it the music player that is part of myspace (flash)

OP
J

jonathanbryce

It happens on myspace with the default myspace player, and any youtube.com videos I watch, Cnet videos, everything. No sound. It's not my speakers, by the way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.