Deleted iCloud and mail account

Reaction score
Hi, I'll start out by saying that I've been a Mac person from the very beginning of time and still am a beginner !! To cut a long story short, I accidentlally deleted my iCloud and @me account on my MacBook Pro, of course I haven't figured out and set up time machine or my new external hard drive.so much to learn, so little time! I do have my@me mail on my iPhone and iPad, but I'm afraid to do ANYTHING because of the mess I've already created. Any advice on how to fix this. I tried to redo my mail and it said it was already in use, by me. Please help!!!!!

OP
M
Reaction score
When I tried to in put my mail it said it said the account was already taken.......by me !!!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
When I tried to in put my mail it said it said the account was already taken.......by me !!!

How did you delete this account? I mean by what action?
The reason I ask is because it's pretty hard to actually erase the account, next to impossible really.
So, open Mail, go to Preferences and if your iCloud account still appears in the left column delete it using the minus button at the bottom.
Then quite Mail, reopen it and go back to preferences and this time click Add + fill in your iCloud details and add this account.
You should then be back where you started with you iCloud account up and running in Mail.

OP
M
Reaction score
Intelligent me also managed to delete my @ me mail account also. Both accounts on my macbookpro. I can still get my mail on my iPad and iPhone. Would any kind of syncing add the mail and iCloud back ? The more I try to read up on all this info the more confused I get !!!!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Chas_m summed it up, just re instal your @me account in Mail.
I have already told you how to do this but if you're still unsure of the process don't hesitate to post your concerns. I can furnish a link to a step by step guide if need be.
Do not get hung up on third party web site instructions.
This is a simple (for us) problem and together we can fix it.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.