Applications tab opening installers

Reaction score
I've been running on OS X 10.9 for a few weeks now, and haven't had any problems, but just today whenever I go to finder and click on the applications tab, Microsoft Office installer, Silverlight installer, and Adobe Flash Player installer all open automatically. I was wondering if this has anything to to with OS X 10.9 or if something is wrong with my system. Also if this is happening to anyone else and how I can stop it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If an application, Microsoft Office for example, has already been installed, the installer image should have been ejected and would no longer be on your machine. It sounds like you have not properly ejected the installers for MS Office, Silverlight, and Adobe Flash Player.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well when I installed these applications I was pretty sure I did eject their installers by dragging the icon that was on my desktop to the trash which turns into the eject sign when you put the installer in there. Only today have the installers started opening again so I'm very confused

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.