Start a Discussion ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hiya People, I have to admit I dont visit here very often, but I hope soon to put that right.

I would like to Comment on the Box above labelled " Start a Discussion "

just above the button PUBLISH there is a drop down menu labelled

"Please Select a Category", please, is this drop down menu supposed to show all the forum headings available at this Mac Forums Site ?

BECAUSE IT DOESNT !!!!

Tim

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No, it doesn't. That box is only there, really, for folks that have never been on a forum and couldn't figure out how to start a new thread.
Yes, there are a bunch of them.

Hopefully, after folks have been here awhile, they've figured out how to select the appropriate forum from the home page and post from there.

For those that have been around awhile and don't need that box at the top of every page to figure out how to start a new thread, you can change the skin of the forum in the drop down at the bottom of the home page or in UserCP - Edit Options... try the Test skin 4-18-13.

See the other 'Start a Discussion' thread - currently right below this one in this forum.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
No, it doesn't. That box is only there, really, for folks that have never been on a forum and couldn't figure out how to start a new thread.
Yes, there are a bunch of them.

Hopefully, after folks have been here awhile, they've figured out how to select the appropriate forum from the home page and post from there.

For those that have been around awhile and don't need that box at the top of every page to figure out how to start a new thread, you can change the skin of the forum in the drop down at the bottom of the home page or in UserCP - Edit Options... try the Test skin 4-18-13.

See the other 'Start a Discussion' thread - currently right below this one in this forum.

Ok Buddy "bobtomay" that was very helpful and I thank you very much, I have now changed the "skin" exactly as you suggested, and, hey presto, that "start a discussion" box has gone completely, it looks more like a normal Forum now :)

PS. I have NOW seen the other post you mention, I wasn't the only one commenting on it LOL, all fixed now and I am a very happy bunny.

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.