mavericks issuing error messages - disk not ejected properly

Reaction score
External disks are not being ejected. Mavericks is ejecting them, or seeing them as ejected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

For starters run Repair Permissions in Disk Utility over the internal and external drives.

OP
T
Reaction score
Mavericks issuing error messages - I

To harryb2448

Thanks. Did as you suggested for main disk and a 1 TB external. Came up as ok. Memory stick could not be checked. If the errors messages are repeated, will post again. Textmail

Reaction score
Are you using a USB hub? I get those all the time. Check your connections, see if any are loose.

OP
T
Reaction score
Craig, Thanks. I do have a couple of hubs. Connections are tight. Before Mavericks my 1TB USB3 disk was ejecting on its own initiative. Any advice?

Reaction score
Not sure. Mine only did it when I moved the hub or plugged/unplugged something. And this is a powered hub.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
my external drives appear to automatically eject and remount at random...this is happening through the hub or directly connected. is not happening on a macbook pro, only on my iMac.

i have run permission repairs and disk verification on all of the drives.

i am at a loss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
i found a fix on the apple communities that if you stop displaying the sync status of google drive in the menu bar then the random ejecting will stop...so far this has worked for me. not sure if this will help your issue but might be worth a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.