Downloaded files appearing incomplete since I upgraded to Mavericks

Reaction score
Ever since I made the switch to Mavericks, when I download a file (of any type really; zip, pdf, mp3, etc) the file icon itself never switches from a "downloading" state. This might not make sense, so I'll just attach a picture.

g15SqgQ

(if this appears broken, here's the link

I can click them and they'll open just fine, but it's really annoying to look at. Anyone else had this problem or know what to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sorry no pic and Safari cannot access the link you provided.

Reaction score
I am having this exact same problem.

Files I download from the web (I use Chrome) appear as incomplete file icons - even though they are actually downloaded fully. I can open the files, edit them, etc. But for some reason the icons look like in youarentbenjami's screenshot.

Mavericks Bug?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Could be an issue with your Chrome install so let's narrow it down. Does it happen with other browsers as well?

Reaction score
Same issue for me on Mavericks. Seems like it's just Chrome and not all the time (though often). But downloads show as incomplete yet the full files are there and functioning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.