bootcamp partition- i need more space

Reaction score
so i have bootcamp, and windows 7 installed. i use my windows 7 to play games on. i put 72gbs for it, but now have used up all my room. my question is there anyway to increase the size of my existing partition or do i have to uninstall it and then recreate a new one just this time give it more storage? if i do delete my partition can i back up those files on the old partition on a usb memory stick then put the files on the new partition?

im knew to this so any help is appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need "Camptune X" from Paragon Software. Download from here. Cost is $19.95.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
I'b backup, remove Windows via Bootcamp and start again.
Camptune wasn't the best experience for me. I had to re-install everything - including OSX - after trying to resize the BC partition with it.
Others have managed ok though, I believe.

OP
E
Reaction score
by backing up my game files on a external hard drive would i be able to put the files right back on the new bootcamp partition after removing the old one and creating the bigger one?

i would rather not spend twenty bucks plus deleting and reinstalling windows would be a fairly simple process as long as all my game files would be fine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your choices are limited:

Either use CampTune to expand your Boot Camp partition or purchase a copy of WinClone and use it to make a clone of your Boot Camp partition. After cloning the BC partition, erase it with the Boot Camp Assistant, and start over by creating a new larger BC partition and restoring your old BC with Winclone.

It's very unlikely that you can backup your game files and restore them after creating a new larger BC partition and also having to reinstall Windows. It may work or it may not.

You can purchase and download WinClone from here.

Make sure you also backup your OS X installation before beginning any kind of partition work or removing BC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.