Shaky video

Reaction score
I transferred a video from my iPad to my Mac iPhoto. Te result was jumpy. Is there a way to correct it? I no longer have the source video in my iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See signature block :)
Hello llarry,

The only thing I can think of is that your iPhoto is taking a lot of power and is then trying to play the video as well as the program.
My suggestion ist to drag and drop the Video file onto the desktop and close iPhoto. Then right click on the video and open it with VLC player or something else. If it works fine then I fear that you may not have enough RAM to withstand the workload.

What Maschine are you using and how old is it?

regards,

Robin

OP
I
Reaction score
thanks, Robin. my macs are old. a g5 at 10.3.9 and a g4 laptop at 10.5.8. playing the video in quiktime is still jumpy looking. i tried downloading vlc, but it quits on me for any video i try to play. gotta get a newer mac someday soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See signature block :)
A g5 and a g4? now thats some history sitting there :)
It's a shame to hear that it didn't work.
Sadly I will have to agree on the new mac side of things. I know it's expensive but everything will run a whole lot better and faster when you do upgrade. And the best thing is, is that the new line up of Macs have just come out :)
I'm sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.