Can't Reboot Back To The Mac OS

Reaction score
Running a mid 2007 iMac, recently upgraded to Mavericks. I also have a Win7 Bootcamp partition.

I can boot into Win7 no problem but when I try to use the Win7 Bootcamp utility in the system tray to reboot to the Mac OS, I get an error telling me it can't find a bootable Mac OS X drive.

Both partitions are on the same drive. It all worked fine until my upgrade to Mavericks.

I CAN get back to "the Mac side" via the Option key at reboot, it's just not as elegant as using the Win7 Bootcamp utility.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you get back to Mavericks via Option, go into System Preferences > Startup Disk and ensure the OS X.9 partition is selected in blue.

OP
A
Reaction score
When you get back to Mavericks via Option, go into System Preferences > Startup Disk and ensure the OS X.9 partition is selected in blue.

Yeah, but why did the Bootcamp utility stop working? Why can't it "find" my Mac drive?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Give re-installing the BC software in Windows a go. It looks like the upgrade affects a few people negatively so it's worth starting with something simple and hoping that your issue is one of the easier ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.