Connect MBP to ipad air

Reaction score
Hi I have just bought the ipad air. I wish to connect my MBP to this ipad in order to ba able to send files when needed.

Can i make this through air drop? If yes how? And if no how can I send files in another way?

Thanking you in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It should work like this:

Just turn on AirDrop on both devices. You should then be able to "see" you new iPad Air from your Mac. Drag and drop whatever files you wish to send to the iPad on the AirDrop icon on your Mac. Your iPad Air will then ask permission to receive them. Of course make sure you're only sending those files that you can actually utilize on the iPad. ;)

OP
M
Reaction score
HI,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that I have got airdrop switched on both devices and cannot see the ipad on my mbp.

I found out that some are saying that this feature is not available to connect ipad tp mbp. not understanding why. Even i tried to use blutooth to send a mp file on ipad from my mbc. It says the device does not have the neccessary services.

Can you help please

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like I gave you some wrong information. I had read that it would be supported, however, according to Apple, Air Drop between iOS and OS X is not supported yet.

See the following Apple Discussions Thread: LINK

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Might try an app called Air Doc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.