New MBP Retina wireless doesn't reconnect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Air 16GB 1TB SSD
I received my new retina MBP a couple of days ago,

When am away from the computer the screen goes blank and the computer sleeps as expected. When I return and press a key the computer wakes up, but I have no wireless access. The icon shows I am connected. The only way I can get things working again is to turn the wireless off then on again....

My old MBP works fine so I don't believe it is a problem with my network.

Any reason for this?

Thanks for your time.

Monty

OP
MontyMo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Air 16GB 1TB SSD
I might add the I occasionally lose wireless connection while the computer is running. Yes, I have to turn the wireless on and off to get things to work

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I checked around in the Apple Community Discussions Forums and there are numerous threads regarding WiFi issues with the Retina MacBook Pro machines. Hard to say whether some of them are real or from user mistakes.

Since the machine is still under warranty, you might want to consult Apple with the problem. If it's something common, Apple will fix it with a firmware update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.