iPhoto Photobucket Plugin gone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2019, 2.4GHz i9, 64Gb Ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, 2Tb SSD
I recently downloaded an update for iPhoto i believe I'm now on version 9.5 (902.7).

The photo bucket plugin that i had installed and working before the update no longer seems to be there i don't see a photo bucket button anywhere, has iPhoto removed the plugin or do i need to wait until photo bucket produces a plugin that is compatible with the newer version.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try reinstalling the Photo Bucket plug in? It may have been removed when you updated iPhoto. If that doesn't work, then it's likely a new plug in might be needed.

Reaction score
Just noticed today that mine has gone also. Searching for answers I discovered this forum. Ive reinstalled it (its not easy to find online!) and restarted iPhoto, but its still not working. When clicking on Export, the photo bucket tab isn't there...

ScreenShot2013-11-06at180429_zps6cc68475.png

Reaction score
Just had an email from photo bucket saying they have now withdrawn this feature and suggested I install their iPhoto backup app. Thats a real shame as I used that feature daily, and I don't have any need to back up all 100+GB of iPhoto images to photo bucket.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.