OS X Mavericks and Microsoft Office for Mac 2011

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I have 3 big projects on the go at the moment, all requiring PowerPoint via Office for Mac 2011. All their updates are current.

Has anyone upgraded to OS X Mavericks and found any compatibility issues with Office for Mac 2011?

I only ask because I'd hate to become unstuck and would happily stay with ML for a few more weeks if needs be.

As always, many thanks.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I haven't had any issues so far but I'm not a heavy Office user on my Mac.

But, personally, if you have stuff that needs doing I'd say stay away from OS upgrades of any kind until you're away from anything critical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.11 iPhone 6s, ATV3
I am the same as mrplow. I haven't had any issues at all, but I am not a heavy user.
I only use Excel and Word

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Actually, this is a no brainer .... If you need to deliver those projects then wait with the upgrade to Mavericks.
I am using Office 2011 extensively on Mavericks, and have no issues whatsoever.
I would not take any chances with upgrading if I am on a deadline to deliver projects.

Cheers ... McBIe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi
I have Mavericks installed and just bought Microsoft Office 2011 two days ago and have had no issues at all. However, as a member already stated I would wait till your project is completed before doing any upgrades.

OP
IWT

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thank you - all of you. Prompt, helpful and much appreciated. Common sense prevails. I shall complete tasks before upgrading.

Again, thank you for giving up your free time to respond.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.