Default Finder Settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
In Mountain Lion how can I make it so that my customized column width and display properties (i.e., size/kind/date created) appear the same in every Finder window?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
View Menu - Show View options - Button at bottom of panel to make these settings the default

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
View Menu - Show View options - Button at bottom of panel to make these settings the default

Thanks, everything saved expect for the width of the columns. For example, my Video folder's column width is different than opening the Desktop in Finder. I want it all the same width so I can see the entirety of the Date Created data in each new Finder window. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If you've altered the width in any window, you probably will need to undo that manually. The Use as Defaults button does not "fix" every window that you've customized.

Reaction score
Try option-double click on the two little lines at the bottom of the separator. Don't know if it sticks though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.