Mavericks glitches

Reaction score
I'm new to this. I upgraded Os X to Mavericks on my year old mac air. There seem to be some glitches on the screen, as if its an incomplete download or something.

I've attached a screen shot. Has anyone else experienced this?

i'm also having problems with Mail. All the junk and regular mails are mixed and there is no color coding that was present before.

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 3.02.15 pm.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry I can't see what issues you're having from the screen shot. Is it just in the browser you're having issues? All websites? Same issues in Safari/Firefox?

Again, some more detail on the mail issue would help but there is a known issue with gmail accounts that's currently awaiting a fix I believe.

OP
I
Reaction score
Hi mrplow, you can see how the wordings (favourites/ Image gallery) etc cross the red thick line on the right. There are a few more of these things that happen. Its as if the page hasn't loaded completely. I'll post a few more scree shots. No, it doesn't happen with safari I discovered now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just sounds like chrome not rendering a page correctly

OP
I
Reaction score
Just sounds like chrome not rendering a page correctly
Probably yes; I'll do some more safari browsing and see if it helps. I've always been a chrome user and have been very satisfied till this happened. cheers mate

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Looks like the font size is set too large in the browser. If it were Safari I could help. I really don't use Chrome much. Going to my Mac and going to try that URL here. Will see what happens.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I put in that exact URL that is displaying in your browser and don't have that issue here in Safari, Firefox OR Chrome! Not sure what is up. Mavericks all updated here on 2008 iMac.

What page are you on?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That site renders OK here and I'm using Chrome set to display at 125% (large fonts) so I don't think it's the font size unless he's zooming the display.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is something on his end that is wrong as I can not duplicate that here in Mavericks like I said with all 3 major browsers.

I wonder what version of Chrome he is running? I should have snapped a screenshot.

OP
I
Reaction score
Hey all you guys; thanks for the input. The issue is resolved completely, don't know how or why. The browser was fully up to date, don't know what the problem was. Thanks anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.