Need a recommendation for iPhone locator App for iPhone 4s

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just received my first iPhone, it's an iPhone 4s. I would like a recommendation for a good app that will act as a locator and a lock out if my phone is stolen or lost. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, preferably from the App store. Thanks much.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Check out a piece of software called Find My Phone. Once things are set up (easy) you can login from a computer and find the phone. You can also wipe the content of the phone if you like.
When I first tried this app it missed the phone by a few hundred feet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
+1 for Find My iPhone.
If you have iOS7 and have activated Find My iPhone you can still wipe/lock it even the phoned is erased and restored by the thief etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. mrplow, I have version 7.0.3 ( 11B511 ) not sure if that is iOS7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Yes that's iOS7
The first number is the major release point i.e. 7 for iOS7 the next two digits denote sub-releases i.e. not long after iOS7 (7.0.0) was released a bug fix update came taking it to 7.0.3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.