Create a script to delete plist on application end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5
Please help me. I was able to delete the following plist: com.intuit.QuickBooks2011.plist after exiting the program in previous OS but it doesn't work anymore in mavericks. May someone please help me write a script to delete the above plist every time I close the app?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums.

What previous version of OS X were you using and how was that file being deleted? Was it automated through a script or were you manually deleting the file?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5
I used Lion before. I deleted the file manually. Whenever I finished using the program, I would go to preferences in Libarary, find the plist and delete it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How is this not working in Mavericks? Is the file not being created or is it now put in a different place?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5
Hi,

Thanks for responding.

This is it from start to finish. In Lion, I would open the program and it would tell me how many uses I had left. Whenever I quit the program, I would go into preference and delete the plist as mentioned in my first post. Doing this caused a reset and the countdown would start again. Now that I've installed Mavericks, deleting the same plist file in preferences does not stop the countdown at all.

I read on another forum something about launchd and daemons now being linked to plist files but it's all German to me.

Thanks for any help or clarifications that you're able to give.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for clarifying. What you are trying to do is circumvent the trial period offered to you before you are required to purchase the product. We are not going to help you with this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.