Mac Mini Slow...permissions continually getting messed up..

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Mac Mini. Permissions are continually getting messed up. I use ONYX for fixing and maintenance. Seeing the beach ball a lot... Dock freezing. Permissions fixes last a few days and then are back to needing to be fixed... Programs slow to close...and open... Older mac mini still works flawlessly... Please help:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 7,1 Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz | Mac Pro 5,1 Xeon Quad Core 2.8GHz
Just to get this question out of the way, was this after the update to Mavericks 10.9?

Reinstalled Mountain Lion earlier today on a friend's macbook pro, because after the Maverick update, the computer slowed down, kept crashing, was overheating, and giving POST kind of beeps (bad ram code or something).

Otherwise, I would run the Apple Hardware Test.

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Mac Mini. Permissions are continually getting messed up. I use ONYX for fixing and maintenance. Seeing the beach ball a lot... Dock freezing. Permissions fixes last a few days and then are back to needing to be fixed... Programs slow to close...and open... Older mac mini still works flawlessly... Please help:Confused:

sounds to me like your HDD may be on the way out..

1. better make sure your Time Machine is up to date!
2. iDefrag? and DiskWarrior?
if you have either, run them... or both.

but first make sure Time Machine is current...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.