removing user from iMac

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) 3.3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 64 GB RAM
Hi Group, I am trying to remove a user group on osx 10.9. I used the help to find out how to do it. My problem it says click the minus button to remove the user but the button is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?
Thanx, nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Is the padlock in the bottom left hand corner of the " Users & Groups " preferences pane open or closed.
If it is closed, click it and type your admin password.
You can then remove user- & group objects.

Cheers ... McBIe

OP
N

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I all ready am at that point. According to the apple support you are correct. Just the minus button is gray and I can't figure out what I need to do to get it black so I can click. I unchecked everything in the user pane.
Thanx, nod

OP
N

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I managed to get the user off the log on screen by going into the users folder but it is still showing in the system preferences-user groups. I dunno......
nod

OP
N

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well I broke down and used the apple chat support. They said you can not delete the guest account just disable it in the right pane in user-groups.
nod

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They said you can not delete the guest account just disable it in the right pane in user-groups.

This is a case of you not providing us with the proper information. If you had told us from the beginning that it was the Guest account, we would have told you the same thing as Apple. ;)

OP
N

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is a case of you not providing us with the proper information. If you had told us from the beginning that it was the Guest account, we would have told you the same thing as Apple. ;)

That is correct :Blushing: Lesson learned. Thank you all for trying to help me.

nod

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.