Bought an iMac 17" today

Reaction score
INTEL! It's very very nice. Only one cord - for power. The mouse and keyboard are bluetooth wireless, and my internet is 802.11g. It looks gorgeous and performs great. I'm sure I'll end up getting an Intel laptop further down the road.

I am a mac convert, 1st one and never going back to computer purgatory.

Any good apps to install that dont come loaded other than Bits on Wheels (bit torrent app i need) and Office (already have)?

D

DigitalN.

that one wire thing is beautiful, except I don't really like the lack of "responsiveness" that I had with a wire.

nevertheless, enjoy your iMac!

N

ncooper15

does the bluetooth keyboard and mouse come standered? Because I thought it had the wired ones standered, and the wireless was an option. But when I got mine home to my suprise was the wireless ones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Congrats on the switch, ive heard some rumors that the Intel processors are starting to give people problems? anyone see or hear any more bout this?

my G4 1.42ghz Mac Mini still does perfect for me!

911 operator

maz94protege said:
Congrats on the switch, ive heard some rumors that the Intel processors are starting to give people problems? anyone see or hear any more bout this?

my G4 1.42ghz Mac Mini still does perfect for me!

What types of problems? The only issue I have heard about is the
video driver problem with some 20-inch imacs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, iPod 3rd Gen, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano
have a go at folding! use the search and join up!

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah mine came with a wireless mouse and keyboard too, even though it says on Apple's site that they come with mighty mouse and 'keyboard' (seemingly wired for joint use).

I would say "wireless, ew" as I've dealt with some horrendously unresponsive mouse and keyboards for my dell pc (dell brands and logitech).

But this is bluetooth wireless, and seemed seamless (i'm quite happy). It's looks a lot nicer on my tabletop to have one cord, and I don't see what's so mighty about the mighty mouse -- the only difference is it has a scroll button thats smaller than a candy button.

ONE THING! When I opened my iMac with joy yesterday, and saw the wireless mouse and keyboard I got really scared. I was crossing my fingers they didnt accidently pack it with a G5 iMac -- i'd have a hard time explaining that one to the apple store.

My friend's mother also bought an iMac intel and it was packed with wireless mouse and keyboard so I think maybe it's just a typo on Apple's site or they pack them with whatever they feel like whenever they feel like it.

As for intel problems, I haven't had any at all except I can't get Azureus working but this is a known problem with that app.

I've installed "Bits on Wheels" and "Office 2004". The rest was out of the box, and I love this machine to death. I'm an Apple lifer now!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.