Putting Videos in "TV Show" Catagories in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
When I put my homemade mp4's to the "TV Show" Catagorie of iTunes, it doesnt show up yet if I put it in Music Video and Movies it shows up (the file). Anyone know how to fix it? Only shows bought through iTunes show up in the "TV Shows" catagorie....maybe someone can help. Thanks.

S

steve zissou

not sure how to fix your problem, sorry. but do you have any problem getting videos to transfer to ipod format in itunes, and the video has no sound? all mine (unpurchased from itunes) are like that. thanks

cpt.zissou

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
I just restarted my iBook when that happened and it fixed that, problem when I re-coverted it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
steve zissou said:
not sure how to fix your problem, sorry. but do you have any problem getting videos to transfer to ipod format in itunes, and the video has no sound? all mine (unpurchased from itunes) are like that. thanks

cpt.zissou

I had the same problem, but then I downloaded iSquint (free) and now use that to convert all my files to MP4 and it works perfect. So I would suggest doing that.

As for the Opening Poster, yeah my iTunes does the same thing. So I just stick them in Movies/Music Videos. It's kind of annoying, but not too much :)

:alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
Justin5117 said:
When I put my homemade mp4's to the "TV Show" Catagorie of iTunes, it doesnt show up yet if I put it in Music Video and Movies it shows up (the file). Anyone know how to fix it? Only shows bought through iTunes show up in the "TV Shows" catagorie....maybe someone can help. Thanks.
It's a known issue that should be fixed in the next iPod update. At the moment, only Itunes downloaded videos can be placed in "TV Shows"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.