Two small issues in Mavericks (mail & audio)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13” i5 (2012) , iPhone5 16GB (white), iPhone4 8GB (white), iPad2 64GB 3G, Apple TV
Dear all,

I immediately installed OSX Mavericks (on top of ML) when it came available and the install was smooth, quick and easy. I did not loose any files, nor did I encounter a single error. All works well.

There are 2 issues I would like to mention and to see if any of you encounter the same problems (these are not huge problems, just a bit annoying)

1. When opening a new e-mail in Mail for Mac, I type in the the first letter of the person I want to email (for instance the ”B” for ”[email protected]” and it gives me let's say 4 email address in a drop down ([email protected] , [email protected] etc etc). Typically I would select the autocompleted email address ([email protected]) with my trackpad (click) and move on. But that click does not work anymore. I have to use the TAB key to switch to the next field (”CC”). To my knowledge this did not occur in Mail for Mac on ML.

Am I mistaken, or are you also encountering the same issue?

2. Since Mavericks I am having some issues with audio clicks in any program that uses audio (be it: Youtube on Safari, Logic ProX, Mp4 movies etc etc). Typically it happens when I use multiple programs at once or after each other (such programs using either audio in-or output) where at one moment an annoying click will run through the audio signal (especially when playing mp4 files through Quicktime, but also Mp3 files within Safari or even Youtube videos).

I can solve the problem by restarting the Mac and the clicking is gone for some time. Is this a ”audio driver” issue? Or is this a ”Codec” issue? ***

Have any of you encountered this clicking sound throughout the OS with audio related apps? What could cause it? How can it be solved?

Note: since installing Mavericks I have not installed any additional software or hardware apart from the iWorks suite (which I got for free, yeah!)

Thanks!

Running: MBP 13” i5, 4GB, 500GB, Mid 2012 with Mac OSX Mavericks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1. I have always used the arrow keys and pressed enter to select and then tab to move to the next field.

2. Have not experienced this issue - probably have not listened to near as much audio as you either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.