Mavericks

Reaction score
Greetings all.
Have just upgraded to Mavericks, all went well. Just one problem every thing is so small its practically impossible for an old fella to read.
Can some one sort this out for me please mousetrap.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
What was the problem?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Small fonts. That is strange as I saw no change in Font size at least going from SL to Lion to ML to Mavericks.

Unless he was talking about Black on White in some apps.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Small fonts.

Naw, it was that tough DI (Nick) who keeps making us do push ups! ;P

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Left, Right a Left, Right a Left Left Left! I guess Nick has become Sargent Carter from Gomer pyle! :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Naw, it was that tough DI (Nick) who keeps making us do push ups! ;P

I was hoping someone would catch the reference!;)

- Nick

p.s. OP's "As you were" statement triggered the memory.:)

Reaction score
Can't Delete and Finder gets out of sync

Well I do have a problem after switching. I can't "Delete" or "Move To Trash" anything in Finder. I just get a display with the cross hatch blue lines saying the item is being deleted. Never happens. And then the display of the file at top and the name of the file in Finder is out of sync.

Reaction score
Okay, no help here. So how do I go back to my old level. I have a backup but what do I restore?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Well I do have a problem after switching. I can't "Delete" or "Move To Trash" anything in Finder. I just get a display with the cross hatch blue lines saying the item is being deleted. Never happens. And then the display of the file at top and the name of the file in Finder is out of sync.

Would you like to start a new thread and explain the issue a little more. I think you didn't get a response because you question was tagged on the end of an unrelated post.

Got a couple of ideas to get you started:
1. Reset SMC/PRAM
2. Fix permissions: Open Disk Utility, select your Mac HD in the left sidebar then choose Repair Permissions

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please start a new thread with more detail on what is going on. Never post a question in just any thread. People might not see it.

Reaction score
Well excuse me! I put this in a thread that talked about problems with Mavericks which is exactly what I have. Not my fault that some of the reply were jokes. So if I had started another thread "mavericks" I would have been scolded for duplicating threads. Great, can't win for losing.

Your suggestion did work however. Thanks for that. Again, excuse me for asking a relating question in a relating thread, "Mavericks". I now know to always start a new thread regardless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Well excuse me! I put this in a thread that talked about problems with Mavericks which is exactly what I have. Not my fault that some of the reply were jokes. So if I had started another thread "mavericks" I would have been scolded for duplicating threads. Great, can't win for losing.

Your suggestion did work however. Thanks for that. Again, excuse me for asking a relating question in a relating thread, "Mavericks". I now know to always start a new thread regardless.

We're only trying to help. The original post was poorly labelled 'Mavericks' and was actually a query about font size. Having a thread name that accurately reflects the query benefits everyone and prevents this kind of confusion. Your query was about having issues deleting files. They may have had 'Mavericks' in common (although the issue you saw can occur following any OS update) but surely you can understand that a blanket thread under Mavericks would attract all kinds of posts and it would be very easy (as you experienced) for a post with another query to be missed.

You weren't chastised for not creating a new thread. We we're simply trying to point out that your best chance of getting a response to your particular query is to place it where it will get appropriate attention. If your query had been regarding font size issues in Mavericks this thread would have been ideally suited to it.

However, in this instance you got a response that resolved the issue which is the best outcome we can hope for with any query :)

Reaction score
Well I got another issue out there , in it's own little thread, with 191 views not not one suggestion either. So I really cannot win. Sorry I came off bitter but just sure as I put that question out there titled Maverick problem, I'd felt I would have got nailed for that too.

Now maybe you can help with my Mail problem?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Most of those 191 at this time in the night are search bots accessing the thread. When people wake up I am sure someone will help. Going to read your thread now. Will see what I can come up with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's my point. "Maverick Problem" as with this thread "Mavericks" says nothing about the issue.

"Can't delete files after Mavericks upgrade" - now that's a title. No malice intended.

Just for ifo those view figures often come from search bots not necessarily real people viewing your query. Just off to your other thread now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.