Time Capsule and AirPort Passwords

Reaction score
I'm on 10.8.5 and use a Time Capsule for my router. When I'm in AirPort Utility I see 5 Tabs, three of which have passwords: Base Station, Internet, and Wireless. I know the passwords for the Base Station and my Wireless Network. However, in the Internet Tab, all the info here makes sense (PPPoE, my Account Name, etc) except there is another password here (which of course I can't see) but it's not the same number of characters that I would normally use for my passwords (it's too short). Therefore I don't know what that password is. I looked in my Keychain, but there was nothing there that specifically corresponded to that tab.

Any ideas on how to find what this password is in case I need it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Time Machine is a backup utility and has nothing to do with your internet connection. You're referring to a "Time Capsule". Your title has been modified accordingly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.