How do I retrieve my original Apple username/password? For updates on new Mavericks

Reaction score
I think Apple wants my original username/password (which I've changed so many times that I can't remember what it was!) in order for me to update my iPhoto etc after installing the new Mavericks operating system. How can I retrieve this info? since they won't accept a newly updated password!! Please any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

OP
Reaction score
I think Apple wants my original username/password (which I've forgotten after numerous changes!) in order for me to update iPhoto etc after installing Mavericks. Any help on how to retrieve these items would be much appreciated. Thanx.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads - please refrain from crossposting (posting in multiple spots) in the future. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Mavericks has been released less than a week ago and since you have upgraded to Mavericks, that means that at that time you typed in your Apple ID and password.
If you say that since then ( less than 5 days ) you have changed your AppleID and password numerous times .... I am not sure I understand your request mate.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply McBie. I've changed my password (and username ) numerous times over the years, for various reasons. But only recently, when I was unable to update any apps after installing Mavericks (supposedly due to Apple not accepting my current ID--------which doesn't make sense to me since I used it the day before to update other apps!). I started researching this issue on a few other forums and a recurring solution seemed to be that I had to go back and use the very first username and password that I had set up when I got iTunes for my PC. I've long since forgotten what those names were, and besides if Apple lets me change them at will why are they then insisting I use the first ones to do updates? So to make a very long story short, I was hoping there was a way of retrieving the originals if that in fact is what Apple wants from me in order to update! Any ideas, help or otherwise would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
If you go to the App. Store( via the Apple menu in the Top Left Hand corner ) ..... can you log into the App. Store ?
If you are already logged in, sign out and log back in again.
Does this work ?
If not, what is the error message ?

Using your Apple ID is pretty straightforward and I have never had any issues like the one you described above.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.