Update to Mavericks???

Reaction score
Forget it!!! After spending 3-4 hours downloading and installing it on an iMac last Friday, I have had trouble with with Safari, Preview, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Contacts, Finder ... need I go on?
I can no longer access Contacts having URLs from a Contacts bookmark in Safari -the Bookmark tab in Safari Preferences no longer exists.
I can no longer use Preview to convert a JPEG image to PNG and delete the background.
Every time I enter a Finder window, it seems, I have to re-configure the column widths to my liking - not Apple's.
A Keynote presentation I have been working on for days has been corrupted in the changeover, requiring that I renew a number of master slides and copy contents etc etc.
The "Show Map" feature in Contacts simply doesn't work ... or at least not properly. In 3 attempts, it took Maps over ONE MINUTE to generate a window with gridlines and a red marker in the middle.
Mavericks is so pathetic that Apple should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
I shall be immediately reverting to Mountain Lion.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Mavericks is so pathetic that Apple should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
I shall be immediately reverting to Mountain Lion.

Sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time, but you seem to be the exception although I'm sure there are others who are unhappy with Mavericks. No problem here with my upgrade and most of the folks who have installed Mavericks in our forums are happy with it.

Reaction score
At least it's free.

:Not-Amused:
I personally rather pay 20.00 than a free headache.

Regarding the Mavericks experience, I personally hate it altogether. I didn't have any problem installing it and not gone through it that deep to know all the problems simply because I AM SPENDING ALL OF MY TIME DISABLING ALL THE FEATURES, Apple is bragging about.
AUGH...Instead of working on my exams, I am spending time searching for HOW TO DISABLE this and that. Notifications: Oh my goodness, notifying me about all my 2987 emails I have. I feel as I am working on my iPhone. Distracted left and right. HATE IT. I am trying to pay 20.00 and find a way to downgrade.

YOU are NOT alone.

OP
B
Reaction score
No problem here with my upgrade.

Can you access Contacts having URLs from a Contacts bookmark in Safari?
Can you use Preview to convert a JPEG image to PNG and delete the background?
Can you configure Finder windows so the column widths don't keep changing?
A Keynote presentation I have been working on for days has been corrupted in the
Can you get the "Show Map" feature in Contacts to work?
If so, please tell.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There is always Windows Touch Cloud 8.1!!! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.