Macbook Pro 13" late 2013 Vs MacBook Air 13" 2013

Reaction score
I am a College Student studying Computer Engingeering

i just wanted to know if there is much difference with Iris and HD 5000 graphics…

The Two models That i am stuck between buying is

1)MacBook Pro 13″
2.4GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
Apple USB SuperDrive
Backlit Keyboard (English) & User’s Guide
Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Priced $1607

2)MacBook Air 13″
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
256GB Flash Storage
Apple USB SuperDrive
Backlit Keyboard (English) & User’s Guide
Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Priced $1657

Which one is better choice… Btw i live in Nepal where there are a lot of powercuts…
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The MacBook Pro is upgradeable whereas the MacBook Air is not. Of course since you're living in Nepal you may not have access to Mac upgrades anyway. Iris graphics are newer and supposedly faster than the Intel HD 5000.

If power is a problem in Nepal, I suggest purchasing a good quality line leveling UPS to go along with your new Mac.

OP
Reaction score
The MacBook Pro is upgradeable whereas the MacBook Air is not. Of course since you're living in Nepal you may not have access to Mac upgrades anyway. Iris graphics are newer and supposedly faster than the Intel HD 5000.

If power is a problem in Nepal, I suggest purchasing a good quality line leveling UPS to go along with your new Mac.
I thought MAc book pro retina is non upgradable...!!
I am very confused..!!! whether to go for Better display or better battery life..

Plus whats the difference between to i7 1.7Ghz and i5 2.4 GHz .. which one is better?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I thought MAc book pro retina is non upgradable...!!

It's not, but that's not what you said in your first post. You never mentioned Retina... ;) Apple is still offering a non Retina MacBook Pro 13" machine in their on line Apple Store.

The i7 machine is going to be faster. Also, the Haswell machine will give you better battery life. Your choice.

OP
Reaction score
It's not, but that's not what you said in your first post. You never mentioned Retina... ;) Apple is still offering a non Retina MacBook Pro 13" machine in their on line Apple Store.

The i7 machine is going to be faster. Also, the Haswell machine will give you better battery life. Your choice.

Hey sorry for that..!!

I meant Retina 13"...
So what do you think on that?
Air or Pro?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would probably choose the Retina since it has a better display and the Haswell chipset which will give you a longer battery life. Not much difference in price although Apple Care on the Retina is going to cost a bit more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.