problem uploading.

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently purchased an iMac. All going along good until I went to upload files to logomyway marketplace, I can upload files to the contests pages on this site with no problem.
I have updated latest OS, also tried uploading using firefox and Chrome. Downloaded java with no results and not sure what to try next.
When trying to upload to market place I see progress which uploads the files %100 and then I see 'waiting on logomyway' ... then ‘poof' its just stops.
Any ideas what may be preventing me from uploading to the market place?

Thanks for any help.

link to marketplace http://www.logomyway.com/Ready_Made_Logos.php

OP
J
Reaction score
168 views and no replies. I thought I might have recieved some help in here as I'm not sure where else to try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I don't know about logomyway, but from the symptoms you are experiencing, the issue is not on your Mac, it is most likely an issue with the website.
Can you make the files smaller and try again ? That is what I would do.

Cheers ... McBIe

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, the files have to be a certain size and under 1mb. I will try to make them a little smaller and see if it makes any difference.

OP
J
Reaction score
Size for site upload is 440x315 under 1mb. I have checked and sizes are exact and the Png is 30kb and the Eps 730kb. I can upload these files on my windows laptop so not sure whats happening on the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That is the joy of a web site catering for Windows built URL's by Windows only technicians.

Download Firefox and gives it a go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I believe you can update a setting in Firefox and Chrome so that it behaves like Internet Explorer and that might trick some sites in operating correctly.
I don't know exactly what setting that is, so you might need to look around.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
J
Reaction score
I have downloaded Firefox and chrome with no success. Thanks Mcbie I will see if I can find what the setting is.

cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You could also try Develop in Safari which will give you a choice of which browser you want to emulate.
If it requires Active X all bets are off has to be done in Internet Explorer on Windows.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, still not happening. I will continue to search for answers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since they have a user forum here why don't you ask there? I'm sure you'll find some other Mac users who might have some insight as to what's going on.

The site should work with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox as well as IE. It does not require activeX as far as I can tell.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have been talking to a couple of the mac users at LMW they where the ones who suggested the Mac forum. Maybe opening a forum thread may give some other options as well.

OP
J
Reaction score
Problem solved, when saving from Photoshop the windows shows save as 'untitled.jpg' I was saving without keeping the jpg in the name of the file, to upload the file I needed to have the 'jpg' in the file name....go figure!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.