iTunes and Panasonic DLNA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black, iMac, Iphone 5, iPad2
I am trying to get Videos, which have been downloaded from iTunes to my iMac to play on my Panasonic TV. Panasonic used DLNA and the TV picks up the music from iTunes via the network but although the Video folder is listed there is no content. Has any one had this problem and know how to solve it?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Install a 3rd party DLNA server on your Mac - Plex, TVMOBiLi, PS3Media server, et al

Apple TV - if all your media is in iTunes - very much worth the $99 vs the hassle
unbelievably easier than getting a DLNA server to work with all your media

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have to agree about the Apple TV. I tried going the DLNA route with my Samsung Blu Ray player. It was a colossal pain. None of the servers I tried seemed to play nice with that player. Bought the Apple TV and have not looked back.

My only complaint is that for some things I have to have iTunes running on my Mac. Wish Apple would put some type of iTunes server software on the Apple TV. Since my content is stored on a network drive all I need it to do is manage playback not store information.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi guys,
Many thanks for your info. I guess its apple TV then. However, I am not sure how this interfaces with my TV? Is it just a box that will allow data from iTunes to be transferred to the TV in DNLA format? Where exactly in the network wil lit fit. I will go on to the Apple web site and check it out as well.
Regards

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also does anyone know how to get my iPhoto photographs across to the TV?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.