Mountain Lion Issues

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right forum to ask questions on...
I have a somewhat trivial problem that has arisen since I updated to Mountain Lion on my work iMac. When I drag an image for example out of a web browser to my desktop... it automatically arranges itself to the right of the desktop rather than where I drop it. I have it set to 'sort by: none' in the Show View Options menu, and it's not set to snap to grid or anything of the sort. Prior to updating my OS I could just drop files wherever I wanted on my desktop from the web and that's where they landed. This may sound dumb, but I do a lot of image gathering from the web and keep things sorted in a certain manner as I go about it.

Also having other problems since I updated to Mountain Lion... things are running slow. There is a delay when clicking between windows, searching servers for files, or even changing the volume etc. I've already done a lot of troubleshooting in this respect and have had very little to no success remedying this problem. I'm to the point where I'm about to give up and just learn to deal with it. It's a shame though because before the update this machine ran great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Sufficient memory? Sufficient hard drive free space? Quitting programs using the Quit procedure rather than just closing the window via the red button? Also download Onyx and use that for maintenance chores.

OP
N
Reaction score
16 Gigs Memory, 635 Gigs of free space... It runs slow upon startup before any programs are open... but yes, I do properly close them, it's kind of an OCD tendency of mine actually to have as little open as possible. Already downloaded and ran all of the suggested cleanup procedures via Onyx a few weeks ago and that didn't resolve the problem. Also did a pretty intensive cleanup with CleanMyMac to no avail. Like I said, running out of ideas... thanks for the response though, much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.