Mavericks Dock

Reaction score
A friend of mine opened up a dock-modifying program called "Docker" (a program I thought I had removed when I installed Mavericks) and managed to style the dock to pre-Mavericks design (circles for open apps, crosswalk style separation line). If I'm not mistaken, the dock design in Mavericks has the open app indicator on the edge of the dock, with a simple line as a separator.

I've gone through Docker and set everything to "Restore Apple Defaults" but the old OS X dock design still remains.

Is there any way at all to get the Mavericks dock design back? :Oops:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure about Docker, it seems to me that I could not get it to work after installing Lion some time back. As for the Dock itself, I have had no luck modifying it after Lion. I did manage to change the running app indicator from the default "light" to one that I could see better. I also have a copy of "SuperDocker" and that too no longer works right.

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Docker, it seems to me that I could not get it to work after installing Lion some time back. As for the Dock itself, I have had no luck modifying it after Lion. I did manage to change the running app indicator from the default "light" to one that I could see better. I also have a copy of "SuperDocker" and that too no longer works right.

After trying to restore everything (not just the dock appearance but everything else concerning the dock) that was modified through Docker back to Apple defaults, it royally screwed up something somewhere. Finder would no longer stay open.

I ended up reinstalling Mavericks and that solved both problems. Honestly I just don't think I'll modify the Dock in Mavericks - I'm looking more towards the future of the Mac operating system - if iOS 7 is any indication as to how the UI is themed...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm disappointed that many of the OS "touch up" utilities stopped working after Lion came out. The Dock utilities and the very handy Candy Bar stopped working at the same time.

Reaction score
Yep, and I just started using CandyBar again...
Ah well.

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm disappointed that many of the OS "touch up" utilities stopped working after Lion came out. The Dock utilities and the very handy Candy Bar stopped working at the same time.

I was able to successfully use Docker with Lion. I never went to Mountain Lion though, so I've no idea if "touch up utilities" worked or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.