Double entries in SL context menu

Reaction score
Hi all,

as probably one of the last persons on the planet, I upgraded my MacPro from 10.5.8 to 10.6.8.

Sometimes, the wrong application wants to open a document, so I often click on a document with the right mouse button to select an application from the 'Open with...' menu.

Ever since upgrading, every menu item in this list is shown twice, making the list unnecessarily long and confusing. As far as I can tell, there is no difference between choosing two identical menu items.

Can I remove the redundant entries somehow?

Thanks,
Stefan

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This happens more often than not and is an easy fix. Follow the instructions here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This happens more often than not and is an easy fix. Follow the instructions here.

Nice one Van. It was interesting to read that OnyX can rebuild the LaunchServices as part of its built in utilities. I learned something new. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.