10.9 disaster

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
I just might have a heart attack and I do feel to throw up. Installed the latest update this morning, left it all to marinate, came back two hours later - everything installed and now neither Photoshop or Illustrator will open. I am freaking out, as I have a ton of work to do today with imminent deadlines and I am dead in the water!

PLEASE how do I go back to the older version (10.8) I have already lost way too much time today and don't believe this is happening.

Thank you.

Reaction score
You cant without losing everything, or at least without having to reinstall everything.
What exactly happens when you try to run Photoshop? Do you get an error message?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Take a look at this (assuming you're using CS5).

OP
kathmat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Still fanning myself. However... took a deep swallow, told myself that panicking would do no good. I shut down, (not restarted) the computer, held my breath and tried to open Photoshop and Illustrator once more. Thank God Almighty! They both opened. Hallelujah!! Crisis over for now, other than Mail is telling me that that it has disabled my attachment tamer plug-in and which is the only thing that has allowed me to send image files to my office (Windows people) and have them be able to save it. So the next step is to send them a random file and see what happens, if not... we will be into crises #2. As an aside - don't like the new polka dot tags, but that's for another forum... THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a quick response. And now back to work, before the client fires us!

OP
kathmat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Thank you Vansmith - I did indeed update Java. It actually prompted me to do so, and maybe that is what fixed the problem and not restarting as I thought. Now to go through all of my apps and hopefully they will all work. The other two critical ones in my workflow are Sketchup and its plugin LightUp and they both seem to be working. The other stuff can wait and I will check them out in due course.
Thank you ever so much.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just a tip for the future - if you have applications that absolutely must work, it's wise to wait a while and do some research to see how others fared. Indeed, let others suffer through these pains first so you don't have to.

OP
kathmat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
I could not agree with you more, and I usually know better than that. It was as I hit "install" that something inside of me screamed "noooooooooooooo" but by then it was too late. Too much on my mind with my projects and I just did not think. Now - I have to keep switching between my Mac and my iPad, as Messages won't work on the Mac, and any email that I send myself won't come in. Mail from others is fine, but nothing that I try to send myself. I am just so far behind now with all of these problems that I will have to just make do and hope it works out. Even my stylus and my mouse are being difficult. Not my best day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.