iPhoto won't update?

Reaction score
Since I purchased my iMac (as a refurb from the Mac Store) about 2yrs ago I have been unable to update iPhoto, iMovie, and Garage Band. Garage Band is now free so I deleted the old one and downloaded the new one. When I attempt to update these apps it says I must use the apple ID they were purchased under. Since I bought this from the Mac Store and it has never recognized my Apple ID concerning these updates what should I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Good Luck because if it was not purchased through the App Store using your Apple ID you will be on the phone with them and get switched to different departments which happened to me the last upgrade this time around decided to re-purchase far less aggravation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
My main worry with that is if I delete my iPhoto will I lose any pictures?

You could always export them somewhere first. Would be a useful backup in any event. Personally, I keep all my photos on the hard drive even after importing them to iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.