• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

When are the Intel Rev. B machines due?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I'm interested in getting a MacBook Pro later this year, but I don't want to get a Rev. A. model. When are Rev. B. models usually available from Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
kaidomac said:
I'm interested in getting a MacBook Pro later this year, but I don't want to get a Rev. A. model. When are Rev. B. models usually available from Apple?
I would expect the Revision B's to be out around the time of the WWDC, since that's when I expect Merom to be out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There really is no "usual" time for a new version to come out. The IntelMacs just came out for sale a few days ago. Patience, grasshopper. If you don't want one of those, then you have a bit of a wait in store. Nobody is going to be able to answer that question, as everyone here knows as much about it as you do.
:black:

B

BoingoBongo

I personally don't think the iMacs and MacBook Pros will be updated until after all the other systems are switched to Intel.

You never really know with Apple though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if i had to take a guess it would be around aug/sept....but that is just a guess
-chris

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
coach_z said:
if i had to take a guess it would be around aug/sept....but that is just a guess
-chris

Yeah, I'm hoping as much. I just ordered a 20" iMac Core Duo for my wife, so I won't be getting anything else for a long, loooonng time :) I figure if they become available near the end of the year, that will give me time both to save up and to sell my PC laptop to fund the MacBook Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.