Undeleting items?

Reaction score
I deleted something by mistake on 10.6.8. It's still there in Trash but how do I find it? I can only see how to remove trash, not how to retrieve an item from trash.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I deleted something by mistake on 10.6.8. It's still there in Trash but how do I find it? I can only see how to remove trash, not how to retrieve an item from trash.

Single click the Trash Can icon in the dock...then drag the item you want undeleted out of the "Trash Can Window". :)

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you (to Nick)! It was very strange. I was looking at the contents of an external disk and I noticed that this file appeared twice, absolutely identical in all respects. I selected one of them and deleted it and they both disappeared. When I went to Trash just now I found two copies of the same file, just as had inadvertently been deleted. I undeleted one and the other went with it, though at the destination location only one copy now appears. I have no idea what's going on!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I undeleted one and the other went with it, though at the destination location only one copy now appears.

I'm assuming the most important part is you got your file back before permanently deleting it.:)

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
It is indeed Nick, thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of the bar at the bottom - I'm so used to the way Windows does things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.