MBP with SolidWorks and AutoCAD

Reaction score
Hello All!

I am looking to buy the new 13' macbook pro in the next few weeks. I will be lightly using SolidWorks 2014 and AutoCAD 2013 for 3D modeling. Both running in windows 7 with VM Fusion. I will probably be using both of them combined for 6 hours a week.

What i am wondering is what upgrade will be worth is considering my usage for 3D modeling?

I could be wrong but i would think the 16gb of ram is worth while while running fusion. Will upgrading the processor be worth wile upgrade?

Also can the hard drive be upgraded later?

Thanks for the help!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I am looking to buy the new 13' macbook pro in the next few weeks.

Make sure you buy the "right" 13" MacBook Pro. The Apple store has been updated with new models. The new models are not upgradeable and none of them except the most expensive 15" model can take 16 GB of memory.

Only the previous 13" model MacBook Pro can be upgraded. It's the one without the retina screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.