Onyx V248 won't repair permissions (OS 10.75)

Reaction score
Many people praise Onyx as being the best maintenance utility. It repeatedly fails to repair permissions on my Mac OS 10.75. Any suggestions ? Apple's Disk Utility also fails to completely repair permissions (mostly in the iTunes app resources area) despite multiple runs, and also announces "Warning: SUID file System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired".

What does this mean ?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Because there are well over a hundred that will not be repaired.

Ignore them.

The ARDAgent has been the first one that will not be repaired after a new OS is installed at least since 10.4.
Don't ask me why. Don't have a clue why Apple can't update the app that repairs permissions with the appropriate permissions as other pieces of the software are updated, but they don't.

Here is Apple's list of the ones you should ignore:
Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.