time connected is GONE

C

catchawave

I had some problems earlier because I was trying to configure bluetooth and then I lost my internet connection. I finally got that back - have no clue what I did.
Now I lost the time connected at the very top. How do I get that back??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you mean the time that is always there, the on that shows the daet when you click it,
apple menu in top left corner>system preferences>date and time>clock tab>view in: menu bar. ;)

OP
C

catchawave

No, not the time as in what time of day it is but the time that you have been logged onto the computer. Where the little phone icon is that will move over and the time begins when logged on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
sounds like you were using an app called menu meters, so open system prefs>menu meter, and enable the uptime to show in the menubar.

OP
C

catchawave

I don't see any "menu meter". Spotlight doesn't find it either. It's got to be called something else and I'm searching for all sorts of things and so far I'm coming up with zero...

OP
C

catchawave

Well, my mail started going haywire. Said it couldn't send mail out because it was trying to send by using my old ISP server. have NO idea where that came from because I thought I got rid of all that old info after putting in all the new ISP info. Apparantly not.
Anyway, I re-started the ibook hoping that it would reset everything. Now my time on line is back :) but when I restart some other password gets put in so that I cannot connect onto the internet. ????
Sooo, I had to manually retype my password in and log on from there and then everything is ok.
I can put it to sleep and everything is fine. It's when I shut it down or re-start.
Did I just start a new topic??
None of this ever happened until I took it to the Mac shop and they looked at the bluetooth. I noticed that my "internet" icon is system pref. is gone. I only have .Mac which I don't use and network. When I open up Network - it's in a completely different format from before the Mac tech's.
And then I came home and tried to configure bluetooth to sync with my phone to work as a modem and I really messed things up.
So, I'm taking it back in for some help with this mix up. I will be there with the tech while he is helping me. So that I can ask questions along the way. And they don't change things without me knowing.
Do you guys know what could be going on???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.