New Macbook Pro with Retina Display

Reaction score
Hi
With the release of the new Macbook Pro this week, would anybody know if Apple has addressed the issue of ghosting on the screen.
There is no mention of this in the few reviews posted so far online.

Brendan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi
With the release of the new Macbook Pro this week, would anybody know if Apple has addressed the issue of ghosting on the screen.
There is no mention of this in the few reviews posted so far online.

Hi Brendan - cannot answer your question but I've owned a MBPro w/ retina display for 6+ months now - so far I've not noticed the problem. Apple is certainly aware of the 'issue' as evident by this Support Article, which I've read a number of times and have tried to follow their recommendations; interestingly, the statement is made that "This is normal behavior for an IPS display, and the faint image will disappear over time."

So, not sure about the newer displays and hope others will 'chime in' to help - Dave :)

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi David,
Thanks for your reply. I understand that Apple dare nor mention the screen without accepting that there may be a problem. I was hoping that the reviews would focus in on the screen considering the level of online chatter concerning same.

Brendan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.