Opera > View Source > TextEdit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Pro; 8GB RAM; 256GB SSD; 27" Thunderbolt Display
When I 'view source' in Opera (latest ver.), it opens in TextEdit, yay. Sadly though, text edit shows me a .html view, rendering said code mostly like a browser would, boo.

How do I set up Opera and/or TextEdit to simply show me a plain-text version of a page's source code?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bump -- Anyone?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Open Textedit, and from the Textedit dropdown in the bar up top, click on preferences, and on the open and save tab, be sure there is a check by ignore rich text commands in html. that should do it. There is another one in New Document also.

If that does not work please let me know. It does here doing the same thing in opera.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dtravis7 said:
Open Textedit, and from the Textedit dropdown in the bar up top, click on preferences, and on the open and save tab, be sure there is a check by ignore rich text commands in html. that should do it. There is another one in New Document also.

If that does not work please let me know. It does here doing the same thing in opera.
That worked perfectly, thanks a million!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.